Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pescara to Rome

Our drive from Parma to Pescara was incredible. Besides the fact that we were on a bus for a couple, the journey was worth it. We were blessed with a business visit along the way, so the drive was not that bad. We met with Brioni. Brioni functions much like Ducati. The whole factory line was interesting to see due to the fact that only humans deal with production process and not machines. I do not think I would have the patience to do what any of those women and men were doing. I did not understand all the random stitches, but the final product was incredible. I would not be able to tell the difference between a suit and a Brioni suit unless I could wear the suit. Our tour guide allowed me to try on a suit jacket and it felt amazing. The weight and the feel of the material made my missions suits look like play toys. ha! The suit jacket alone was $3,000 dollars, so I do not think I will ever be buying one soon, but it was nice to at least try one on.

After Brioni, we made our way to Pescara. The drive to Pescara was fun. I had planned on sitting next to Sarah, but instead I sat next to Christina. We talked the whole way there about the temple and other gospel topics. I feel like I have talked about the gospel a ton on this trip due to individuals like Christina and Adam. Adam loves to bring up the gospel and just talk about what prophets and apostles have said.

When we finally arrived in Pescara, we were all blown away. Out hotel was located across the street from the beach. Pescara is located on the eastern coastline of Italy. Everyone was excited to jump in the water due to the fact that we were at a beach and who can say they have swam in the Adriatic Sea. Sarah, Ashlyn, Bristal, and I enjoyed dinner before we jumped into the water. Where we ate was very convenient. The pizza shop was just a couple yards from our hotel. From the pizza, we went to the water. The water temperature was perfect as well as the sunset. Swimming was very easy because of the sodium levels.

At the conclusion of the night, we all went to a gelato shop that was yet again near our hotel. It was by far the cheapest place we have gone to this whole trip. It was good, but not the best that we have had though.

No comments:

Post a Comment